Jackson Counseling—Mental Health Help in Mississippi
Danny has been feeling extremely stressed at work. He’s the current victim of his boss’s vitriol and anger. No matter how hard Danny works, his boss just isn’t satisfied.
Needless to say, Danny is unhappy in his current work environment. He wants to be treated with respect and his work to be valued. But searching for a new job sounds about as stressful as his current work environment. Danny is at a loss for what to do.
Like many others, Danny can benefit from talking to a counselor or coach. A mental health professional can help him in a few different ways.
- They can help him with stress management.
- They can offer unbiased guidance and insight into his current situation.
- They can help him decide how he should move forward.
- And if he does decide to look for a new job, they can offer career counseling/coaching.
Career stress is one of the many challenges that are prevalent in society today. We are all fighting our own battles, whether it’s…
- Career stress or personal stress
- A mental illness like depression, anxiety, or PTSD
- Discord in our relationships
- Dissatisfaction with life
- Or something else entirely
One thing, though, remains true for these varying life challenges: They can be better managed with a little help. If you’re looking for mental health help, guidance, or support, know that Thriveworks Counseling in Jackson, MS is here to offer just that.
Should I Talk to a Counselor?
There’s a misconception that counseling or therapy is a last resort; that only those with severe mental illnesses go to counseling. In reality, counseling or therapy is a life-changing resource that is available to everyone and at any time. If you have determined a need for mental health help, you will be welcomed with open arms.
That said, there are common reasons why people decide to begin counseling. For example:
- They’re feeling overwhelmed by stress (like Danny in our example above)
- They’ve developed symptoms of a mental illness
- They’re looking for relationship help
- They’ve lost a loved one and need extra support
- They’re healing from a traumatic experience
- They’re looking for some direction in their life
If any of the above are true for you, it might be a good idea to talk to a counselor, therapist, psychologist, life coach, or another mental health professional. The team at Thriveworks Counseling in Jackson, MS would be honored to help you with the above as well as other mental health challenges and life issues.
What Kind of Mental Health Help Is Offered at Thriveworks?
Thriveworks is happy to offer every single client a personalized treatment plan. In other words, we don’t attempt to use a one-size-fits-all approach—every person is different, which means every person needs and deserves a plan that is created specifically for them. If you choose to start a relationship with a provider at Thriveworks, know that they will work to address your specific challenges and meet your specific needs.
Now, there are common types of therapy that are administered at Thriveworks. For example, we can offer the following mental health services, which many of our clients find valuable:
- Couples therapy and marriage counseling
- Trauma therapy and PTSD counseling
- Depression therapy and anxiety therapy
- Child therapy and family therapy
- Grief and loss counseling
- Stress and anger management
- Life coaching and career counseling
The Thriveworks team specializes in the above therapies and more. If you’d like to begin working with one of our team members, contact our office so that we can get started.
Begin Counseling or Coaching Today at Thriveworks Counseling
There is no shame in talking to a counselor. In fact, in 2019, an estimated 40.2 million US adults attended counseling or received another form of mental health treatment. If you think you could benefit from talking to a counselor, you are in good company.
Thriveworks Counseling connects people with the best of the best providers in the mental health field. If you’re looking for mental health services in the Jackson, MS area, we can set you up with a counselor, therapist, life coach, or psychologist who specializes in the area that you’re looking for.
We can also offer ultra-flexible appointment options in the evenings and on the weekends, in addition to our normal daytime sessions throughout the week. Also, we offer online counseling opportunities and other premium counseling benefits, in hopes of providing every single client with an overwhelmingly positive experience.
To get started with a Jackson counselor at Thriveworks, just call our office. You can schedule your first appointment today.